[Qt-creator] How to get External debug window
q***@free.fr
2018-07-12 12:03:59 UTC
Back to C++ and Qt, used in the past to have both an external doc
window and an external debug window.

I did find easily how to setup the external doc window, but cannot
find the option to have an external debug window.

It should be located either in the options/environment tab or the
options/debug tab, but it is not and I cannot find it anywhere else.

Please advise.

(QtCreator 4.6.2 using dark mode)
Eike Ziller
2018-07-12 12:36:48 UTC
You can detach debugger views:

- Either hover near the top of a view to get the title bar shown, or turn off Window > Views > Automatically Hide View Title Bars
- Drag the view out of the Qt Creator window

Br, Eike
Post by q***@free.fr
Back to C++ and Qt, used in the past to have both an external doc
window and an external debug window.
I did find easily how to setup the external doc window, but cannot
find the option to have an external debug window.
It should be located either in the options/environment tab or the
options/debug tab, but it is not and I cannot find it anywhere else.
Please advise.
(QtCreator 4.6.2 using dark mode)
Eike Ziller
Principal Software Engineer